Latest News: Interim Consultation Report
On 13 February 2017 we published an Interim Consultation Report. The Report provides a summary of the Stage 1 Consultation and an overview of the feedback we received. It also outlines how the views expressed are helping shape the Project, including our on-going design work and environmental assessments.
- Interim Consultation Report (ICR) - To download the Report click here.
- Appendices - The appendices that support the ICR are organised into two volumes. To download them click here and here. Please note the appendices are organised into folders containing individual files which, due to the file sizes, may take a while to download.
About the Stage 1 Consultation
Several consultation documents were published on 14 November 2016. These include:
- Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC) - This document explains how we intend to consult with the community and key stakeholders. Please click here to download a copy.
- Community Leaflet - Copies have been posted to thousands of residents in communities neighbouring the site. Please click here to download a copy.
- Poster - Copies have been distributed to Council offices and libraries in Sunderland, South Tyneside and around the region. Please click here to download a copy.
In accordance with Section 47 of the Planning Act 2008, a Notice of Deposit was placed in local newspapers to appear on 14 and 21 November 2016.
On 28 November we published a set of documents that provide detailed information about the IAMP and help you respond to the consultation. They include:
- Preliminary environmental information - A technical report that looks at the likely environmental impacts of the development and how we plan to manage these. This includes considerations such as transport, landscaping, local wildlife and air quality. Please click here to download a copy.
- A consultation summary document - An easy-to-understand document that provides a general overview of the IAMP and our technical studies so far. Please click here to download a copy.
- Event materials - Information boards, maps and diagrams will be available during the consultation events and online. Click here to download the boards
- Draft masterplan - An image that provides an indication of how the site could look. Please click here to download a copy.
Where to find information
As well as the consultation events, a Consultation Summary Document and environmental information was published on Monday 28 November 2016. This information is available to view:
- At all public libraries in South Tyneside and Sunderland
- At Sunderland Civic Centre, Burdon Road, Sunderland SR2 7DN
- At South Tyneside Council Town Hall and Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields NE33 2RL
- On this website