The IAMP will provide a high quality, attractive location for advanced manufacturing and supply chain industries. The main element of the proposed development will be land for the development of buildings totalling up to 260,000 sq.m on a 100 hectare site, creating over 5,200 new jobs. This is responding to the demand locally, nationally and internationally from businesses.
Click the masterplan image to download a high resolution version, or visit the consultation documents page by clicking here.
The main elements of the proposed IAMP are:
- Up to 260,000 sq.m of commercial floorspace over a 100 hectare site
- Internal access roads and footpaths
- Up to 4km of new cycleways and footpaths to create an expanded network in the area
- Areas of landscaping built around retained woodlands and hedgerows
- Areas of ecological and landscape mitigation surrounding the River Don
- A road bridge across the A19 to connect with Washington Road
- A bridge across the River Don to connect the northern employment area
- A ‘Hub’ to become a focal point for the IAMP and potentially include uses such as a transport interchange, shops, a 150-bedroom hotel, childcare and nursery facilities, and education and training facilities
- Site utilities including a potential sub-station and connection to the local drainage network.
IAMP will seek to become a nationally important destination where businesses want to locate and where people will choose to work; with high quality buildings, spaces set within an attractive landscape setting.